Dr. Ruma Satwik
Dr. Ruma Satwik
About Dr. Ruma Satwik
DGO, DNB, FNB (Fellow of the National Board in Reproductive Medicine)
Consultant, Centre of IVF and Human Reproduction, Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi, 110060
- July 2010 to present: Consultant, Centre of IVF and Human Reproduction, Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- 2017-Present: Faculty for National Board Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine. Faculty for Amity University Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine.
- 2020-2022: Co-Convenor, Indian Fertility Society Special Interest Group in Research Methodology
Education and Qualifications
Satwik R, Satwik A, Katoch S and Saluja S. ChAdOx 1 effectiveness during an acute surge in SARS CoV2 infections. European Journal of Internal Medicine. 2021, Accepted 7.8.21. In press.
Satwik R, Majumdar A, Mittal Gupta S, Tiwari N, Majumdar G, Kochhar M. Natural cycle versus hormone replacement cycle for transferring vitrified-warmed embryos in eumenorrhoeic women. A retrospective cohort study. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2021 Aug;263:94-99. doi: 10.1016/j.ejogrb.2021.06.005. Epub 2021 Jun 10. PMID: 34171636
Satwik R, Kochhar M. Unexplained infertility categorization based on female laparoscopy and total motile sperm count, and its impact on cumulative live-births after one in-vitro fertilization cycle. A retrospective cohort study involving 721 cycles. Reprod Med Biol. 2021 Feb 1;20(2):190-198. doi: 10.1002/rmb2.12368. PMID: 33850452; PMCID: PMC8022093.
Satwik R, Kochhar M. Effect of simultaneously started clomiphene citrate andgonadotropins in antagonist regimes, on cumulative live births, fresh-cycle live births and cost of stimulation in IVF cycles. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2018Jun;44(6):1107-1117. doi: 10.1111/jog.13624.
Satwik R, Kochhar M, Gupta SM, Majumdar A. Anti-mullerian hormone cut-off values for predicting poor ovarian response to exogenous ovarianstimulation in in-vitro fertilization. J Hum Reprod Sci. 2012 May;5(2):206-12
Satwik R. Majumdar A. Early diagnosis of female genital tuberculosis by laparoscopy and endometrial polymerase chain reaction. Int. J. Tubercular Lung Dis. 200Aug; 15(8): 1135-5
Satwik R, Majumdar A. Endometrial TB-PCR positivity in women with unexplained infertility with no visible, microbiological or histopathological evidence of disease in a high TB burden area: whether to ignore or treat. Hum Reprod. 2013 Dec;28(12):3377-8
Gupta S, Satwik R, Majumdar A, Mittal S, Tiwari N. Clomiphene based ovarian stimulation in a commercial donor program. J. Hum Reprod Sci. 2015 Jul-Sep;8(3): 142-5
Ruma Satwik. Natural Birthing in the time of Litigation. Current Medicine Research and Practice 6 (2016) 164–166
Ahemmed B, Sundarapandian V, Gutgutia R, Balasubramanyam S, Jagtap R,Biliangady R, Gupta P, Jadhav S, Satwik R, Dewda PR, Thakor P, Esteves SC.Outcomes and Recommendations of an Indian Expert Panel for Improved Practice inControlled Ovarian Stimulation for Assisted Reproductive Technology. Int J ReprodMed. 2017;2017:9451235. DOI: 10.1155/2017/9451235.
Bajpai J, Majumdar A, Satwik R, Rohatgi N, Jain V, Gupta D, Agarwal R, Mittal S, Verma SK, Parikh PM, Aggarwal S. Practical consensus recommendations onfertility preservation in patients with breast cancer. South Asian J Cancer. 2018; Apr-Jun;7(2):110-114.
Nikita, Jindal Jain, Abha Majumdar, Ruma Satwik. Demography, expectations and experiences of oocyte donors in northern India − an interview-based study.January 2019.Fertility Science and Research 6(2):126.DOI:10.4103/fsr.fsr_19_19
Vasudha Gupta, Shweta M Gupta…. Ruma Satwik. Comparison of pregnancy outcomes in women undergoing frozen thawed embryo transfer (FET) cycles following ultrasound for endometrial morphology with and without Doppler studies- a prospective cohort study. January 2020. Fertility Science and Research 7(2):183 DOI:10.4103/fsr.fsr_32_20
Tejashree M. Borkar, Neeti Tiwari, Shweta M Mittal, Ruma SAtwik, Abha Majumdar. Independent effect of body mass index on clinical pregnancy rate in single blastocyst frozen embryo transfer cycle in Asian women. January 2019. Fertility Science and Research 6(2):115. DOI:10.4103/fsr.fsr_14_19
- . Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences, An indexed journal on pubmed. I review about two articles per month for the same journal for the past 18 months.
- Fertility research and science: A non-indexed flagship journal of the Indian Fertility Society.
Of the Special Interest Group in Research Methodology, Indian Fertility Society for the years 2020-2022
- Adjuvants in ovulation induction’ at the CME conducted by the unit of IVF, Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi, in July 2008
- “Consensus on in utero origins of PCOS” at the CME on current concepts in PCOS management” held at Le Meridien in September 2009
- “Pre-natal origins of PCOS: current concepts “ at the National Conference of Indian Fertility Society on 6.2.10
- “Luteal phase support” at a CME held in Indore in Jan 2012
- “Monitoring of IUI cycles” at a CME held in Indore in Jan 2012
- “Male and female anatomy and reproductive physiology“ at the pre-congress NARCHI workshop in 2013
- Stimulation protocols for IUI and IVF in Gwalior
- “Role of Male factor in repeated abortions” at the AOGD meet in July 2013.
- “Tubal factor in infertility” at the post graduate conference held in Pune in Jan 2002
- ‘Azoospermia’. Annual SGRH CME, November 2013
- “Suturing in laparoscopy” at the ROBOTICS in Gynecology workshop under the aegis of FOGSI/AOGD/ISOPARB December 2014
- ‘Oocyte freezing’. CME conducted by SGRH Feb 2015
- ‘Semen analysis and sperm function tests’ at the Masterclass for IFS students April 2015
- Epigenetics in ART. 11th Annual IFS Delhi Jan 2016
- “Complications of hysteroscopy” CUPART in Goa organized by Dr. Kaberi Banerjee. April 2016
- ‘Role of high LH in abortions’. FABCON JAipur, April 2016
- ‘Individualized embryo transfer’. 5th International Congress of ACE JAipur, August 2016
- ‘Embryo transfer’: Tips and tricks, 12th annual IFS congress, Lucknow Dec 2016
- ‘Management of poor responders’ CME, Bhopal, July 2017
- ‘Debate on surrogacy ban and ART bill 2015’. SGRH annual CME, Nov 2016
- ‘Debate on Morcellation for fibroids’. 33rd ISOPARB Annual Conference, Delhi, April 2017
- Panel: Fertility preservation in cancer patients. CME organized by Dr. Shyam Aggarwal.
- Panel: Ovarian stimulation regimes in IUI. AOGD conference. October 2017
- Lecture: Mullerian anomalies and Infertility: November 2017. MAMC CME for students
- Debate: Compensatory surrogacy, December 2017. 13th annual IFS conference, Delhi
- Debate: AOGD meet 2018, IVF for all in unexplained infertility
- ACE meet August 2018, Goa : Panel on ethical issues in third party reproduction
- LIFE conference Bangalore 2018: Talk on intrinsic fertility of Human Oocytes
- ISAR embryology, Jaipur December 2018: Talk on management of PGT cycles
- Bhopal ISAR embryology Jan 2018: Workshop: Talk on difficult embryo transfers
- Moderated panel on recurrent pregnancy losses Jaipur CME: May 2018.
- Talk on Low AMH and IVF, January 2019, CME sponsored by Merck Serono
- Talk on Thin Endometrium in ART: Jabalpur CME, Feb 2019
- Moderated a Panel discussion on: Troubleshooting in Case scenarios in IUI: Jabalpur CME, February 2019
- Talk on investigating the endometrium in a case of recurrent implantation failure: July 2019, Bangalore, Karnataka State chapter, IFS
- Moderated a panel on troubleshooting in IVF lab, At the Merck sponsored symposium, Delhi, July 2019
- Talk on GnRH analogues in infertility at the first international ICE conference, Chennai, August, 2019
- Moderated a two hour long session on infertility management at the first international ICE conference, Chennai, August, 2019
- Moderated a panel discussion on Management of IVF pregnancies at Yuva ISAR, Agra, August 2019
- 4 lectures IFS classes on infertility for Amity recognized fellowship: August 5 2019
- ISAR Masterclass on infertility and ART: Chairperson for infections and the embryology Lab
- Fertivision 2019, 15th national annual conference of Indian fertility society: Talk on How to submit a paper.
- Fertivision 2019, 15th national annual conference of Indian fertility society: Panelist on My pregnancy rates are down, what went wrong?
- Fertivision 2019, 15th national annual conference of Indian fertility society: Judge for oral paper round. 7th December 2019
- Repromed Update December 2019, Jodhpur AIIMS: Talk on recombinant versus urinary gonadotropins, the never ending debate
- Repromed Update December 2019, Jodhpur AIIMS: Talk on emerging approaches to manage pre mature ovarian insufficiency
- ISAR year end CME 2019, December: Talk on Letrozole in male infertility.
- FNB Student Lecture: Cross city. Embryo transfer: tricks and tips 6.5.20, Organizer: Dr. Priya Bhave
- Endometriosis and Infertility: Panelist. Moderator: Dr. Kanika Jain, Dr. Madhu Lamba. 28.5.20, under aegis of AOGD
- Amity University Lecture on Agonist and antagonist for Indian Fertility Society Fellowship Programme 14.5.20
- Case Presentation on Resistant PCOS. 9.6.20 organized by ISAR Uttarakhand
- Panelist, Non Veneral Genital Dermatoses in 4th Daas Summit, 12.7.20
- Panelist: Fragile X Syndrome organized by National Board of Education. 22.7.20
- FNB Student Lecture: Review of evidence on timing of IUI
- Talk on Luteal Phase Support in IVF cycles. under aegis of AOGD. 21.7.20
- Panelist on Universal Freeze all Policy organized by Merck Alive on 28.7.20
- DNB Student Lecture: organized by Department of O&G on Physiology of Ovulation 6.8.20
- IFS SIG Research methodology, Talk on study designs. 4.9.20
- AOGD Annual conference: Talk on difficult IUI videos and demonstration” 26.10.20
- Smooth endoplasmic reticulum aggregations in oocytes: Significance. Talk in weekly FNB classes.
- Talk in PICSEP, on “Study designs in research” 26.11.20
- IFS Vibrate series: talk on “Relevance of sperm function tests in the current practice” 22.11.20
- IFS annual conference: “Expert on study critiquing” 29.11.20
- Invited expert on Adolescent PCOS by the East Delhi Gynaecology Forum on 11.12.20
- Amity University lecture on “Anatomy and physiology of the female reproductive tract” for DCE students. 22.12.20
- Amity University lecture on “Endometrial changes during menstruation” and on “Implantation and endometrial receptivity” for DCR students 23.12.20
- Moderated a panel in the iHERA webinar July 2021. Troubleshooting Work-Flow in A PGT Lab : From Setup to Report Interpretation?
- Talk on Choosing Study Designs for the Karnataka Chapter of ISAR on 7.8.21