[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Best Fertility Clinic in Delhi
” font_container=”tag:h1|text_align:left”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”937″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” style=”vc_box_shadow_3d”][vc_column_text]Whether it be a cause within the male or the female partner or an unknown cause, you would find solutions to any infertility related problem here because we are the Best Fertility Clinic in Delhi. IVF or In vitro fertilization is the formation of an embryo in a lab under artificial conditions by the union of an egg and sperm. After this, the embryo will be transferred into the uterus that will lead to pregnancy. This procedure for IVF is done together with Best fertility Clinic in Delhi medications together with the observation of hormone levels through blood tests and follicle scans using ultrasound.
Who is suited for IVF?
- Tubal issues– A woman’s fallopian tubes are damaged or blocked, which may make it difficult for the sperm and egg to combine.
- Best infertility unit– No or very low sperm count leads to male infertility, issues with sperm function or motility, which may interfere with semen from reaching the egg.
- Severe endometriosis is impacting both fertilization of the egg and implantation of the embryo in the uterus.
- Unexplained infertility where female is not able to conceive despite all seemingly healthy female & malefactors.
- Women with premature ovarian failure could be provided IVF with donor eggs.
- Female with no or damaged uterus with working ovaries can be provided IVF through a proper surrogate mother.
Initial Assessment and Investigations for In-vitro fertilization (IVF)
Our team of Best fertility Doctor in Delhi at IVF Gangaram Hospital is devoted to helping you accomplish your objective of taking a baby home. In your first appointment, we assess you entirely to choose which style of treatment would be best suited for you. A detailed medical and surgical (past and present) history of the couple is taken. This is followed by medical examination and best infertility unit evaluation.
We request a semen analysis as part of baseline investigation and evaluate the tubes if necessary in the female partner as part of our preliminary investigation. Baseline hormonal profile (FSH, LH, Thyroid profile, Prolactin, etc.) is also evaluated if required.
The results of the evaluation and analysis decide the most appropriate strategy and nature of the treatment to be undertaken. There are many fertility-enhancing procedures that might enable you to achieve a pregnancy and a decision is taken following the first assessment.
In-vitro fertilization (IVF) Process at Best Fertility Clinic in Delhi
Before starting with IVF process, let us first see how natural fertilization and pregnancy takes place
– Natural fertilization starts with Pituitary gland which is located in our brain, it releases Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) & Luteinizing hormone (LH).
– These hormones assist follicles to produce and release a mature egg.
– Each follicle produces hormone Oestrogens which in turn prepares the uterus for conception if it happens.
– Under the influence of LH, follicle release the egg, and the shed follicle is known as Corpus Luteum.The function of Corpus Luteum is to secrete progesterone which thickens the uterus walls for successful implantation of the embryo.
– Now after the ovary releases the egg also known as Ovulation, Egg travels to the Fallopian tube. If in next 24 hours’ sperms are not present for fertilization, egg dies off.
– But if fertilization happens, that is the fusion of egg and sperm, zygote start traveling towards the uterus.
– Next is implantation best fertility clinic in Delhi at, embryo implants in the uterine wall usually after 5-6 days of fertilization.
– Implanted cell secretes the human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) hormone, which is used as a pregnancy test. This hCG supports the pregnancy in its early stages.
– The embryo grows gradually for next 9 months and gets nourished for all the development and growth of the body.
Now Fertility is a simulation of natural fertilization and pregnancy. In Vitro actually means outside the body, precisely in the laboratory.
The fertilization of the egg (female cell) and sperm (male cell) takes place in a laboratory dish. Once the fertilization is completed successfully, normal embryo growth begins. Then it’s transferred to the female body in the uterus where implantation takes place. After implantation, embryos normal nourishment is done as of natural way.
Unlike natural cycle in IVF conventionally ovaries are stimulated to form 10-15 follicles to produce a number of mature eggs as there is a fall out at every stage in IVF.
What is the procedure of IVF?
IVF cycle begins at the time of women’s menstrual period. It is basically grouped in three steps. Alterations and adjustments can be made depending upon individual needs.
Either Oral contraceptives, an injection of GnRH is used to achieve pre -simulation ovarian suppression. Since it takes the time to prepare follicles to release mature eggs, it has to start 15-20 days prior to the start of stimulation. Ultrasound and blood tests are performed at the end to keep a check. This ovarian suppression is not mandatory for all the patients.
- Step 1: Basic Tests | Day 2/3
At the onset of menses, female undergo an ultrasound, blood test and hormones, usually FSH and oestradiol. If the reports are normal FSH injection is started from this day.
- Step 2: Cycle Monitoring | Day 5-12
Blood tests for oestradiol & LH levels, ultrasound for follicle monitoring is done on regular basis to keep a check on continued medications dosage.
- Step 3: Final Trigger | Day 12-16
Once the required levels of hormones and follicles on ultrasound are achieved final injection for egg maturity is given.
Egg Retrieval | Sperm collection
Sperm is collected on the same day as egg retrieval.
- Egg Retrieval
This is done under anesthesia, the patient will not feel anything. It usually takes 5-10 minutes to retrieve eggs also it depends upon the number of follicles present as well.
In this procedure, a needle is passed through the wall of the vagina and to the ovaries.
The patient can face mild side effects: –
– Nausea or vomiting is seen in few females, as the side effects of anesthesia.
– Bleeding or light spotting is observed because of the puncture done in vaginal walls.
- Step 4: Fertilization
It can be done naturally where the good number of healthy sperms are added to the eggs or else Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) can be done. ICSI mostly comes into picture wherein male with less number of sperms are available, or there is failed fertilization in the previous cycle. In this process, a single sperm is injected into the center of the egg physically using micromanipulation.
Hatching is done post fertilization, for a successful pregnancy. The outermost layer of an embryo is known as zona pellucida. Hatching is performed to break this layer. In assisted hatching its done with microscopic tools, it is a micromanipulation technique.
- Step 5- Embryo Transfer
- Luteal Phase| 3-4 days after egg retrieval
Embryo transfer is done as Day 2 | Day 3 or Day 5 (Blastocyst) depending upon the number of good embryones available (The day of egg retrieval is counted as Day 0)
After the embryo transfer progesterone suppository is placed in the vagina. Embryo transfer is a simple procedure and is not painful. A speculum is placed in the vagina and embryos are transferred with the help of small tube through the cervix to the uterine cavity.
Day 5 transfer is considered to be the best stage of embryo transfer as it has higher implantation potential. When the transfer is done as Day 2/3 two-three embryos are transferred whereas Day 5 all the embryos are usually transferred.
The patient is given luteal phase support in form of progastrin capsules and called for a pregnancy test on a fixed date.
After 2 weeks, a blood test will be performed to detect pregnancy. If it’s positive, ultrasound is scheduled in coming few days. Progesterone and other medicine will continue for a while.
Post Embryo Transfer Advice
Medicines are given to maintain the hormone levels during the second half of the cycle to ensure that the endometrial lining is satisfactory. This improves the chance of implantation of the embryos and thus of success. There is no evidence that prolonged rest improves the success rate of IVF.
Why choose IVF Sir Gangaram Hospital?
– Largest & Best Fertility Clinic in Delhi with most experienced tertiary care IVF center
– Routine & advanced ART procedures done under one roof
– World class Embryology Lab
– No separate charges for ICSI Treatment or Blastocyst transfer
– Affordable IVF packages
– Transparent reporting & detailed summary
– Ethical & Patient-centered care unit
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the chances of having a normal baby through IVF?
- Over millions of babies are born after IVF. These healthy babies reveal there’s no increased risk of abnormality in IVF-conceived infants compared to people conceived naturally
2. Is IVF is risky for females?
- With vaginal ultrasonic egg collection, you may rest assured that this is certainly no riskier than a correctly performed laparoscopy. We are proud that at IVF Gangaram Hospital which is considered as the Best Fertility Clinic in Delhi have done the collection of more than 5000 ultrasonic egg and there is no problem we faced. Thus it is clear that IVF procedure or treatment is a safe procedure.
3. Will there be any hormonal imbalances due to excessive hormonal given?
- No known long-standing effects happen following the treatment cycle. But during the treatment, an individual may have symptoms linked to ovarian hyperstimulation.
4. Can I exercise?
- Yes, but exhaustive workouts are prohibited.
5. What if IVF fails the very first time? How often will I undergo it?
- You can go through IVF as many times as you wish, but we as the Best Fertility Clinic in Delhi advise up to four cycles at the most. After this, it is best to consider other options such as oocyte, sperm, embryo donation as it may appear to be the most feasible procedure for a successful pregnancy to occur.
6. How long does one effective treatment of IVF take?
- Active treatment for IVF begins on day two of the menstrual cycle. At the moment, the injections of down-regulation of hormones have been started on day 21 of the previous menstrual cycle. We at the Best Fertility Clinic in Delhi then begin stimulation of the uterus with gonadotropins, which may take around 14 days and egg selection, fertilization, and embryo transport is performed. After another 2 weeks, a pregnancy test is done in order to validate the incidence of pregnancy. In all, it requires approximately 40 days from the beginning of treatment to understand whether it has been effective. Currently, with GnRH antagonists, down-regulation in the prior cycle isn’t necessary as with agonists and may be initiated from day 6 of stimulation cycle.
7. Do I need to take bed rest after embryo transfer?
- No, you are able to resume your usual daily routine.
8. Can the gender of the infant be chosen?
- At the Best Fertility Clinic in Delhi, we’re performing PGS and PGD to discover hereditary diseases before implantation but gender selection isn’t done under any situation since it’s prohibited in India.
Some Suggestions to help both the partners:
- Infertility is a problem for the couple, not an individual.
- Open communication between both partners helps.
- Share more in the process of treatment. Share both the burdens and joys of different experiences. It will help to balance the intensity and bring you closer with a deeper respect for each other.
- Remember that infertility does not make you less of a man or a woman.
- Understanding and accepting this will help you take a more positive approach to the treatment.
We wish you all success in achieving a pregnancy.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]